When you rent an apartment, condo, dorm room or house, your landlord is not responsible for your personal belongings. What if someone stole or damage them? That can cost you a lot of money, not to mention the sentimental value. What you need is Renters Insurance!
Renters Insurance can help you repair or replace your property if someone damage or stole them. And it doesn’t just cover property, it also covers people. In addition, it can help if an accident happens in your home. Your policy will pay for covered losses if you’re liable for injuries or damages to other’s property or have legal defense costs.
Coverages we offer:
Standard Renters Insurance Coverages
- Personal property – Covers your personal belongings if stolen or damaged even if they’re in your car, garage, or anywhere else away from home.
- Loss of use – Covers your temporary living expenses if your place is damaged and you can’t stay there.
- Personal liability – Covers lawsuits if you cause injuries or property damage to someone else or if they get hurt while visiting your place.
- Medical payments – Covers the medical bills if someone else gets hurt at your residence.
Optional Renters Insurance Coverages
- Valuable Articles – If you have valuable belongings like art, collectibles or expensive jewellery you may need protection by an agreed dollar amount.
- Water back-up – Covers water damage to your belongings and water removal from backed-up sump pumps and sewers.
How much does it cost?
It costs less than you think to protect yourself and your belongings. If you’re not sure about what you need, call us about recommended Renters Insurance coverages based on your needs.
All content is for general information purposes and does not constitute insurance or legal advice.